Friday, March 18, 2011

Remember Special Days

My wonderful husband surprised and impressed me once again (he does that a lot). This time he said, "Happy Anniversary." Knowing we were married on September 19th, I just looked at him, feeling puzzled. Sensing my confusion, he said, "March 16th was our first date." Isn't he the greatest? I was so touched that he remembered! And embarrassed that I hadn't. Ha ha ha. Oh well. I will try to do better next year.

That was a great day indeed. Although the weather by then should have been mild, on that day there was a huge blizzard in New York. But no storm was going to keep us apart. I later found out that the fact that I didn't cancel our date due to weather really got to him and is one of the reasons he fell in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment