Friday, June 3, 2011

Remember That "I Love You" Never Gets Old

I have come to greatly appreciate that my husband tells me and shows me he loves me every single day. He never tires of letting me know how he feels and I never tire of knowing it. Sometimes I see a relationship on television or in the movies where there is a couple in which one of the people is disappointed that the other person avoids the "L" word. In Ghost, when Demi Moore's character says "I love you," Patrick Swayze's character replies "Ditto." Or if the person does use the 'L" word it is in a noncommital way, like "I love spending time with you." I thank God that Rueben is not like that. I cherish every single day with him for many reasons, not the least of which that he always lets me know what is in his heart. And needless to say I do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment