Saturday, January 22, 2011

Be a Helper!

When the Lord created Eve, he referred to her as a "suitable helper." You and your spouse should make every effort to be helpful to each other. Rueben and I have a large capacity washer and dryer in our house, but because Rueben wants to help me, he pays someone else to do the laundry and leaves me free to do other things that I need and want to accomplish. Yesterday night, after we left a party, we went to pick up his laundry. I helped him carry it upstairs.

And as for that party, he helped me by going to it even though he was tired from a long day meeting with his clients. I made sure to let him know how much I appreciated his sacrifice for my sake. I don't mind going to a party alone, but much prefer sharing the experience with him. Knowing that, he made an effort to participate.

A friend recently called us the Martinez/Hopkins team. And that is a perfect description of us. We look out for each other and work together to be stronger as a team than either one of us could be alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment