Saturday, January 8, 2011

Don't Suffer in Silence

Recently, I have been stepping up my game when it comes to cleaning the house. I am very happy about this and even was recently complimented by a guest on my housekeeping skills. This new cleanliness and order make me very happy. But they made it obvious that my husband was unwittingly undermining my efforts. I recently kept finding toothpaste stains in the sink that I had just cleaned. I found it frustrating and suffered in silence, not wanting to be a nag. But suffering in silence started to make me resent him. Once I saw resentment developing, I knew I had to let him know I need him to clean up after himself. I let him know in a gentle way, without naggin him about it. He took care of it right away. I am glad I said something and I am also glad that he responded so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment