Saturday, May 28, 2011

Don't Let Money Come Between You

Over the past year and a half of our still new marriage, I have been learning a lot about marriage as a partnership. My close friend Richard calls us the Hopkins/Martinez Team. It is a fitting title that I have been learning to take to heart. This evening, I did something that made me a bit uncomfortable. I asked my husband for more money than he had originally planned to give me. He agreed right away and didn't make a big thing about it. I appreciate his not only digging deeper into his wallet, but not making me feel weird about it. I used to be engaged to be married to someone who always made money a huge issue and source of strife and arguments. It is refreshing to be with someone who does not have even the slightest hint of this sort of behavior or attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment