Sunday, July 25, 2010

Agree to Disagree

Last night, Rueben and I saw the highly anticipated, star-studded film, "Inception," with Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard, and others. My husband thought it was a masterpiece. I disagreed. I loved the stunning, jaw-dropping visual effects, and was mesmerized by Marion Cotillard's acting, but other than that, I did not like the film. I found the script to be poorly written. Rueben couldn't disagree more. He thought the script was excellent. We talked about our opposing views, and agreed to disagree. We did not argue about it. He loved it and would enjoy seeing it again. I would not like to see it again. Maybe parts of it, but not the whole thing. I thought it needed more editing and was needlessly long and tedious at times. The point is, Rueben and I agreed to disagree. We discussed our views of the movie for a few minutes, then moved on to other topics of conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment