Friday, July 2, 2010

Comfort and Joy

I was very discouraged last night because I did not do well on an exam that I recently took. My poor performance depressed me and made me feel overwhelmed and unwilling to get back on the horse and try again. But thank God for my husband. When I ocnfided in him how I was feeling, he took me into his arms and gently stroked my back for a long, long time. I am not sure how long it was, but he just kept doing it until he soothed me, comforted me, and helped me to feel joy in contentment. It reminded me of my song, "Come Lie Down," in which I sing "I'll protect you from the encroaching world...I'll soothe you..." But I was the one being soothed. I was the one being protected. Sometimes things happen that can be discouraging. But thank God that at those times, we can find comfort and joy in each other's arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment