Sunday, July 11, 2010

Be Affectionate

This morning, in church, at various moments throughout the service and afterwards too, my husband and I embraced, and held hands, and had other public displays of love and affection. I have a great model to thank for these P.D.A.s I grew up watching my crazy about each other parents showing affection for each other in front of me and my siblings. That is not only normal for me, but desireable as well. Some people stop such displays a few years or even months after first meeting. But Rueben and I still do it after about three years together. And my parents still do it after decades together.

One of my favorite public displays of affection is holding each other cheek to cheek. I feel such warmth whenever we do that. It is so fun. It is like dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment