Thursday, April 29, 2010

In Action and in Truth

Today was a big day for me. I had an important presentation in midtown. I prepared intellectually, spiritually, and physically. I was ready. Before leaving the house my husband and I prayed about my presentation. He encouraged me and I left the house with a boost of confidence that comes from both Christ and my husband having my back. Well, the presentation was wonderful. Fantastic. As soon as it was over, I pulled out my BlackBerry to tell my husband and my circle of close friends the great news via a triumphant e-mail. Guess who was the first person to write back congratulating me? You guessed it. Rueben knows exactly how to love deeply from the heart. There is a scripture in the bible that commands us to not love in word and tongue, but with actions and in truth. That is the way he loves me and that is the way I love him back. I told him how much it means to me that he is cheering for me and wanting me to do not just well, but phenomenal. And it did not just stop with e-mails on our BlackBerries. We spoke about it too. He was brimming with happiness for me and I was so appreciative of his support. He made a big day for me into a great day for US. My triumphs are his triumphs. And his victories are my victories. We are one.

No comments:

Post a Comment