Friday, April 30, 2010

Just the Nearness of Him

This morning, from about 10 a.m. until about 12 or so, I spent time sending networking e-mails about a big concert I have on June 12th at Drom Bar/Restaurant. What happened was late last night, just before going to bed, I painstakingly sent about 50 or 60 individual messages about my show. So this morning, many responses were waiting for me. Anyway, once all the networking was out of the way, it was time to do something that I was a bit intimidated by: read, at a very fast pace, the course material in preparation for my New York State Life and Health licensing exam. I was scared because although I have eleven years experience as a literacy expert, I read surprisingly slowly and methodically and usually need to re-read something a few times to understand and remember it well. But I decided to pick up the pace to cut the prep time for my exam in half.

You know how Sarah Palin likes to mention that Todd (her husband) and God give her strength? I can relate to her in this regard. I have the same impression of Rueben and God. Unfortunately they don't rime. so it doesn't have the same ring to it. God helped me with his comforting presence to read faster and retain what I was reading this afternoon. But it was also the comforting presence of my husband, who, thank goodness, did not have any clients today, and thus was in the house, that made a big difference in my studies. He wasn't even on the same floor, much less the same room, but he helped me to persevere. I thank God and I thank him because today's chapter took half the time to read than is typical for me, but I got a score of 80% on the chapter test (passing is 70). It was just the nearness of him that helped me have such an encouraging outcome. I am so grateful to God and Rueben for their help this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment