Monday, April 19, 2010

Staying Connected

My husband and I have very demanding schedules, but we always strive to make time for each other. Last night, I stayed up to watch "Two and a Half Men" and "Friends" reruns. Meanwhile, he went to bed. But first, we spent quality time together watching, and discussing the last hour of "The Apprentice." Why the last hour? Because during the first hour of his show, I am watching my show. On Sundays, he watches "The Apprentice" from 9-11 p.m., while I watch "Desperate Housewives," from 9-10 p.m. At 10 p.m., I join him. We always kiss, hold hands, talk, hug, and caress each other while watch television together, and last night was no exception. We both are so grateful to God for each other, and strive to let each other know how much we cherish each other every chance we get. Or should I say every chance we CREATE. You have to quite literally MAKE love. Not only in bed, but in every day interactions as often as possible.

This morning, as usual, Rueben's schedule was quite different from my schedule. He got up very early, at 6:30 to go meet Ivanka Trump for a session. She is one of his clients. Anyway, any time he gets up early, no matter how drowsy I am, I always make an effort to hug and kiss him good morning, before I roll over and continue dreaming. Little gestures like that go a long way, believe me. They help us to stay connected to each other.

Finally, throughout the day, every day, we e-mail each other. I love that we stay connected in this way. Some days, because he has back to back clients, it is the only way we can "talk." I appreciate that in every single message, whether long or brief, Rueben always signs his messages, "Love, Rueben." Again, we cherish each other, and look for opportunities to let each other know.

No comments:

Post a Comment