Friday, April 23, 2010

Keep Your Word

I was feeling blue today because after a strong start, I am now no longer doing well in my online course. I am stuck in this one section of the reading and I am just not grasping it. This caused me to feel down. Sometimes when I feel down, I pick myself up, dust myself off, and jump right back on the horse. But today, I sent the horse to the stables, then crawled back into bed. When God was kind enough to wake me up at 6:35 p.m., just in time to catch the dry cleaners that close at 7 p.m., I was very grateful for His mercy on me. You see, when my husband left this morning, I promised to pick up his dry cleaning. I am glad that I was able, with some divine intervention, to keep my word. Because without your word, what are you? Who are you? Where is your integrity? It wouldn't have been the end of the world if I slept too long and the dry cleaner closed. But I want to be a wife who does what she says she will do. If I want a husband who keeps his word, fair is fair and I must keep my word also.

No comments:

Post a Comment