Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just Because He Thought I Would Like It

In one of the songs I wrote for my husband, "Your Love Makes Me Love You," from the album "Topsy Turvy," the wedding vows I sang to him, I explain:

Everything you do is magic to me
Everything you say makes me happy
Everywhere we go is like a movie
You're love makes me love you.
Every time we kiss is just like the first.
When I'm in your arms I feel I could just burst
I do. I do. For better or worst.
Your love makes me love
Your love makes me love
Your love makes me love you

The whole song, only excerpted here, is a female version of the Police's "Every little thing she does is magic." I appreciate the way he loves me, how he always thinks of ways to make me happy. It could be something huge, like spending thousands of dollars to pay my musicians for the recording of my new CD, or something small but significant, like buying an unusual bottle of salad dressing, just because he thought I would like it. He did both those things. In fact, we invents ways to make me smile. By the way, the salad dressing was of a variety I had never seen before. It was Fat Free Wasabi Dijon. It tastes AMAZING on baby spinach. Absolutely mind blowingly delectable. After I finish my salad, I lick the plate! Don't tell anyone. That is just between you and me.

I e-mailed my husband that this afternoon, I finished the world's most delicious light dressing. He wrote back right away offering to buy more. He bought it just because he thought I would like it, and now he was offering to replace it to keep me smiling. But then it was his turn to smile. I know for a fact that he has been working extremely hard today and this demanding schedule shows little sign of abatement.

I e-mailed him we don't need any more right now. Instead I will use Newman's Own Sesame Ginger, which is also fantastic. Would I prefer for him to bring home the Wasabi Dijon now? Oh absolutely! But I have to think of what is best for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment