Saturday, May 29, 2010

Mirror His Joy

My tip for today is if your husband is excited about something, you will do well to get excited too. Share his joy if you want him to be your boy. It is the kind of effort that comes more naturally in the dating process than in the life of a marriage, but I believe it should be maintained. Earlier today, I became fascinated by a tennis match he was glued to. I became enthusiastic about a "destination wedding" invitation from a couple he knows that he was jumping out his skin about. Sharing his excitement about the tennis match and the wedding made him feel appreciated, loved, understood, and valued. So do try this in your home as well. Don't misunderstand me, I love tennis and I love destination weddings. I am just suggesting turning up a notch your overt reaction to things to match his.

No comments:

Post a Comment