Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Team

I once read somewhere that TEAM stands for together everyone achieves more. It was more than ten years ago and I have never forgotten it. Today, my husband and I made a great team. We woke up together at 6 a.m., left the house at 7 a.m., and set off to our godson's apartment. My best friend Kim, her young son Joshua, and her older son Justin were to be ready at 7:30 a.m. awaiting our arrival to pick them up to go to church together. Kim asked me last night to call when I was on the way, so she would know when to come down to meet us in front of Justin's building. I called as she asked, as Rueben listened to the GPS on one of his BlackBerries (he has two). Long story short, Kim and Joshua finally came down at 7:50 a.m. or so. But we were just glad to see them. Because we were not upset about waiting, and instead were talking, laughing, singing and dancing in our seats, the whole experience was fun. Justin finally appeared about 20 minutes later. We were just happy to see them and didn't mind that they had kept us waiting. I think Rueben and I made a great team in what could have been a much different scenerio. I love that we fit together like Splenda and fresh strawberries. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment