Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Accepting a Compliment

What stands out to me today that I would like to share is to graciously, and appreciatively accept a compliment. I was studying when my husband came home. I was wearing gym shorts and an ill-fitting Tommy Girl t-shirt. Plus, since today the weather was hot and humid, my hair was so frizzy that I looked like the "before" in an advertisement for anti-friz serum. Suffice it to say, I felt that I didn't look my best. Well, my husband did not share my opinion. The moment he saw me, he told me how pretty my hair looks. I started to contradict him, but I bit my tongue and expressed to him how much I appreciated his compliment. When someone loves you and compliments you when you don't feel you are at your best, do not correct the person. Simply say thanks and enjoy the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment