Thursday, May 13, 2010

Joyous Reunion

This evening, I went to a socializing and networking event in my neighborhood, organized by a great woman who lives in the house right next to ours, Callia. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was optimistic about how promising it could be. Callia set us up to organize the meeting and RSVP on the internet. It was to start at 7 p.m. at a nearby tavern. When I arrived, I grabbed a beverage at the bar, then walked over to the rendez-vous point in the back, by the pool table. It was just me, Callia, and a nice girl named MJ. I thought okay, don't worry. If you build it, they will come. Fast forward to 8:30, we had so many people there, that they had to bring more chairs for our group. We talked. We laughed. We had a great time together, and I got to invite everyone there to my next concert, June 12th at Drom (wwwdromnyc.com). I made new friends from my neighborhood, something that I love to do. There are great things to do in Prospect Lefferts Gardens, our neighborhood. Callia asked for Rueben, but I explained his demanding schedule doesn't make attending community social groups all that possible.

It would have been fun if Rueben had been there, but, heck, I had the time of my life without him. Part of what makes our marriage work is we spend time apart, then we see each other again in a joyous reunion, with lingering embraces and passionate kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment