Thursday, May 6, 2010

He Put Courage Into Me

I have been taking a very intense, difficult online course. I have found it extremely challenging to balance my studies with my other responsibilities. Every single day, before I can move to the next level, I must pass a test. Today I got a respectable grade on my test of 80%. I was pleased. Then I looked ahead in the course to see how many chapters I have left. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I am almost finished. I only have seven chapters left. I was glad to learn this. But in the very next moment, my happiness turned to trepidation. I was afraid that after I finish the course, I will fail the final exam, my licensing exam. The more I thought about it, the more my mood went completely downhill. I called my husband to tell him that I was depressed thinking that the exam would be too much for me. He encouraged me in the true sense of the word--he put courage into me. He said that all I had to do was not expect to know everything I have studied from one reading alone, and not to be discouraged when I take the similated exam and find that I fail. He said it is perfectly normal and I shouldn't allow myself to be discouraged by it. I should review my notes a few times, and I should do great. I felt so much better. It is good to have a partner in life that can help me to see what I can accomplish and that I can do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment