Thursday, June 24, 2010

Be Each Other's Fans

I often talk to others I meet about how wonderful my husband is. I tell people not only that he is great to me, which he is, but also about how intelligent he is. He does the same for me. That makes it easy for us to both share with each other our triumphs and challenges. Because we are each other's biggest fans, we always have support in all that we do and that we try to accomplish. Today, the first thing I thought to do after writing to venues around town to perform with my jazz band of all-stars was tell my husband all about it. I couldn't wait to share the news with him. He is my lover, my friend, and my biggest fan. I am his as well. I encourage you and your spouse to be each other's fans too. Cheer each other on. Pray for each other's success. And help each other. There is a great line from one of my favorite films, "Henry and June," in which Anais Nin says to Henry Miller, "The world will give us plenty of beatings. What we need is each other's support." This resonates for me. I hope it does for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment