Friday, June 4, 2010

Let Your Partner Inspire You

One of the things that helps my marriage to Rueben be a happy marriage is the way he inspires me to be my best. Every single day, I do or do not do something, just because I am thinking about telling Rueben about it later. This afternoon was no exception. I was trying to transact some business at the bank and let's just say, it was not a pleasant experience. On the contrary, it was a maddeningly frustrating experience. I was attempting to cancel a safe deposit box, and they wouldn't let me do it, after keeping me waiting for one hour for no good reason (there was NO line). But I prayed for patience and calm and got through it. Part of what got me through it was thinking of my husband and focusing on what I wanted to tell him about the experience later when all was said and done. I wanted to tell a story in which I could be proud of myself and he could be proud of me. It is great to have someone in your life who inspires you to behave in an admirable manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment