Sunday, June 27, 2010

Humilty

There is a scripture in the Bible that reads, "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." This is great advice for dealing with strangers, friends, enemies, and with your life partner. When you consider your partner to be better than yourself and are humble with him or her, you do not hesitate to serve him or her. Having the heart of a servant will help you to show how deeply you love that person.

I will give you two examples from this afternoon. After church, Rueben and I went to the church cafe and got some lunch. After lunch, I grabbed my tray and his to empty them. He thanked me. I was glad to do it. I did it with a cheerful heart. Also, he bought a bunch of Jenny Craig food for himself this morning (we are both members). When we got home, he went to the bathroom. While he was in the bathroom, I gladly put all his food away. He came looking for me afterwards to express his appreciation. I think having the attitude of Christ will help us to have a strong marriage with happy years ahead of us. There is another similar scripture that reads, "Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus, who, being in very nature, God, did not consider equality of God something to be grasped, but took on the nature of a servant." Amen! If God can serve me, the least I can do is be like-minded and be a servant myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment