Monday, June 21, 2010

Bring Out the Best

Today, I was procrastinating instead of preparing for an exam I have to take this week. I knew I was going down the wrong path. In order to turn things around, I tapped away on my BlackBerry, reaching out for help from my husband. While I was in the middle of writing a message asking for him to talk some sense into me, I realized that what I really needed to do was pray, so I turned an e-mail to my husband into a prayer asking for God to help. Well, in the middle of that prayer, my mom called and told me to look at Romans 8:28-end of the chapter. It didn't ring a bell, but it should have. It turned out to be one of my favorite scriptures. It says many things, but the point is I am more than a conquerer with Christ's help. God intervened, but it really touched me that things turned around when I decided to write to my husband. It is great to have someone to turn to in times of trouble who helps to turn around difficult situations. If your spouse is having a bad day, can he or she count on you to help turn things around? Writing to Rueben helped me to realize what I should do is pray, and praying led to my mom calling, which led to the powerful, life-changing scripture. I am glad I can count on my husband to bring out the best in me and help me to do what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment