Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Learn from the Gores

I was in shock yesterday afternoon, when I first read that Al and Tipper Gore have decided to separate after 40 years of marriage. They always seemed to be such a great couple. But being a great couple does not make you immune to growing apart and deciding to split up. I suspect that if I were a fly on the wall, I would have witnessed them slowly growing apart in recent years. I pray that that never happens to you. I pray that that never happens to Rueben and I.

I think we are on the right track. We work on and pray about our marriage every single day. We express our love to each other and our appreciation for each other without fail, daily. We strive to never get too comfortable or complacent. We strive not to take each other for granted. And we strive to grow together, not apart. Growth enriches life. But growth should be together, not apart. In the days, weeks, and years to come, I pray that as we grow as individuals, we will also grow as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment